You have a great high-speed laser diode driver and a fast laser diode. Your input pulse is a clean square wave. So why does your light pulse look so bad, or maybe not appear at all?
Getting a great high-speed laser pulse takes more than a high-quality laser diode driver and a high-speed diode. It also requires a fundamental understanding of how inductance and capacitance work against us.
In this webinar we:
- Discuss why a carefully thought-out interconnect is so important
- Demonstrate how many alternative connection options provide disappointing results
- Demonstrate how to ensure the best connection between your high-speed driver and your laser diode
TopicWorking with high-speed pulsed current for laser diodes and similar loads comes with its own unique set of challenges, not the least of which is getting the pulse from the pulser to the diode. Optimizing these connections is what enables clean, sharp pulses from high-performance lasers. Join us to find out what the issues are and how they can be addressed to get the most out of your design.
- The problem with high-speed pulsed Interconnects
- Why do connections matter?
- Pulse speed
- The math
- Using un-optimized connections
- Straight wire
- Twisted pair
- Stripline with straight wire
- Optimizing high-speed pulsed connections with stripline
- Lab to Launch program