IXRFD631 DE-275 30A CMOS RF Gate Driver
The IXRFD631 is a CMOS high speed, high-current gate driver specifically designed to drive MOSFETs in Class D and E HF RF applications as well as other applications requiring ultrafast rise and fall times or short minimum pulse widths. The IXRFD631 is an improved version of the IXRFD630, with a Kelvin ground connection on the input side to allow use of a common mode choke to avoid problems with ground bounce. It can source and sink 30 A of peak current while producing voltage rise and fall times of less than 4 ns and minimum pulse widths of 8 ns.
The input of the driver is compatible with +5 V or CMOS and is fully immune to latch up over the entire operating range. Designed with small internal delays, cross conduction or current shoot-through is virtually eliminated. The features and wide safety margin in operating voltage and power make the IXRFD631 unmatched in performance and value. The surface mount IXRFD631 is packaged in a low inductance RF package incorporating advanced layout techniques to minimize stray lead inductances for optimum switching performance.
The DVRFD630-631 MOSFET Driver Development Board is available to evaluate the functionality of the IXRFD631 gate driver and to provide a building block for power circuit development. The IXRFD631 is factory installed on the evaluation board and is fully tested.
The IXZ631DF18N50 and IXZ631DF12N100 RF power modules combine the IXRFD631 gate driver with a 500 V or 1000 V power RF MOSFET in a single device to enable more compact and efficient designs along with a reduced parts count.
- High Peak Output Current
- Low Output Impedance
- Low Quiescent Supply Current
- Low Propagation Delay
- High Capacitive Load Drive Capability
- Wide Operating Voltage Range
- Kelvin Ground
- A Kelvin ground connection on the input side allows use of a common mode choke to avoid problems with ground bounce
- High Power Surface mount design which allows the device to be loaded on to the PCB with all the other components in a high or low power configuration, simplifying mechanical assembly of the system.
- Lowered Mechanical Stress ensures the device floats on the thermal compound such that the mounting hardware will not induce further package stress.
- Low Inductance Packaging using the DE-SERIES package and has the lowest insertion inductance of any equivalent power device.
- Economical High Power Mounting since the mounting configuration does not require machining of the PCB or an expensive clamping mechanism.
- RF MOSFET Driver
- Class D and E RF Generators
- Multi-MHz Switch Mode Supplies
- Pulse Transformer Driver
- Pulse Laser Diode Driver
- Pulse Generator