PCX-7401 3A Pulsed Laser Diode Driver
Product Videos & Slides
PCX-7401 Introductory Video
PCX-7401 Introductory Slideshow
The PCX-7401 provides both 3A pulse and 0.55A bias currents. A modern internal trigger source capable of two modes of operation: Duty cycle or single shot. External triggering is available for additional flexibility.
Connection to the laser diode is made through an innovative, low-inductance stripline cable that is designed to preserve the fidelity of high-speed current pulses. The output connector is interlocked so that the PCX-7401 is disabled when the cable is removed.
The PCX-7401 features advanced circuitry to protect both the laser diode and instrument. At turn-on, and at any time the output is not enabled, the PCX-7401's output is electronically shorted to ground, ensuring that no current flows through the laser diode. Safety features of the instrument include a separate output enable key switch, an output cable safety interlock, and an external enable control signal.
The PCX-7401 may be operated through its intuitive front panel controls. The color LCD provides immediate visual confirmation of all operating parameters. All system configurations may be stored and recalled in the internal non-volatile memory. Automated applications can utilize RS-232, USB or Ethernet computer interfaces.
- Pulsed current from 0.005 A to 3.000 A
- Bias current from 0.000 A to 0.550 A
- Compliance voltage up to 15 V
- Internal trigger frequency from 5 Hz to 1,000,000 Hz
- Internal duty cycle from 0 % to 100 %
- Internal single-shot pulse width from 200 ns to 1.00000 s
- Trigger synchronization to external devices
- External triggering from external devices
- Intuitive touch screen control
- RS-232, USB, and Ethernet computer interfaces
- RoHS compliant
- Output current programmable in increments of 0.001 A
- Wide range internal trigger source
- Internal single-shot capability
- External trigger connection
The PCX-7401 is designed to drive diode lasers, bars and arrays with a forward voltage drop up to 15 V.
- Laser Diode Characterization
- Traditional Diode Characterization
- Laboratory & Science
- Production Testing
PCX-7401 Precision Pulsed Current Source
6045-0003 Output Strip Line Cable
6045-0097 Laser Output PCB Assembly
PVA-9550 Current/Voltage Monitor Cable
Each PCX-7401 is delivered with an Output Strip Line Cable, Laser Output PCB Assembly, and Current/Voltage Monitor Cable.
For U.S. pricing, click here for our U.S. Price List.
For pricing information outside of the United States, contact your local IXYS Colorado distributor or representative.